15th International Conference on Corporate Social Responsibility and 6th Organisational Governance Conference
Enacting the Goals of Sustainable Development: Responsibility and Governance
Federation University Australia 4 – 6 September 2016
The next conference in our series will take place in Australia in conjunction with our partner, Federation University Australia. We are now in our 15th year and it is time that we visited Australia so we are excited by this conference and looking forward to joining with you at this event.
Call for Papers
There is considerable evidence that the field of social responsibility is changing and maturing. This can be seen from the issues which are of concern to people currently researching in the field. The concept of CSR has gradually spilled over to the other fields of inquiry so much so that today we can speak about the inclusion of social responsibility in any type of human activity (business, politics, justice, etc.). Increasingly the term social responsibility, corporate responsibility, sustainability and governance have become intertwined and are often treated as synonymous.
With this in mind we have decide to adopt a theme of sustainable development for our forthcoming conference – which of course includes all the other terms within the theme. This raises the questions of what do we mean by sustainable development and how do we achieve this. These are questions which we will raise and address during this conference.
This conference is designed to act as a forum for the debate and analysis of contemporary issues in this broad area. It is intended to attract people from a wide variety of disciplines and geographic regions for an exchange of views.
The conference is intended to be interdisciplinary and welcomes contributions from anyone who has a perspective on this important issue. Papers are welcome on any topic related to this broad issue and suggested themes for papers include:
- Defining sustainable development
- The Triple Bottom Line and its critics
- Environmental performance and auditing
- Ethics and corporate behaviour
- Globalisation and corporate activity
- Governmental influences on corporate behaviour
- Protests concerning corporate activity
- Regulation of corporate social behaviour
- Sustainability and marketing
- The role of accounting in corporate accountability
- The role of corporate governance
- Governance and regulation
- National vs. supra-national governance
- Free markets and governance
- Multi-national Accountability
- Sustainability and free markets
- Social entrepreneurship
- Socially responsible business activities
- Globalisation and sustainable development
- Regulation of corporate social and environmental behaviour
- Governmental influences on sustainable development
- Sanctions for non-compliance in a global market
- Regulating the regulators
- Organisational governance in the public / NGO sector
- Audit and organisational governance
- Models of organisational governance
Offers to run workshops, symposia, poster sessions, themed tracks or alternative events are especially welcome. Please contact either Abdul or David with suggestions.
Although preference will be given to full papers, abstracts of 200-500 words will also be considered. All papers and abstracts should be sent by 1st June 2016 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No more than 2 papers will be accepted from any author.
Final versions of accepted papers will be required by 1th August 2016.
Full details will be provided later.
We look forward to welcoming you to Melbourne in 2016 for what promises to be an exciting conference.
Dr Abdul Moyeen Professor David Crowther Conference Chair Chair of Scientific Committee Federation University Australia De Montfort University Australia UK email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org