Papers are coming in for the conference this year in Rio de Janeiro. The deadline is approaching, but there is still time to submit your paper:
12th International Conference on Corporate Social Responsibility
June 20-22, 2013
Universidade Federal Fluminense, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
For our 12th conference in this series we will be visiting Brazil where the conference will be held in Rio de Janeiro and hosted by Universidade Federal Fluminense. It will be organised as usual in conjunction with the Social Responsibility Research Network (SRRNet).
Call for Papers
As always the conference is intended to be interdisciplinary and welcomes contributions from anyone who has a perspective on this important issue. This time we will be focusing on one of the most significant issues of the present. So at this conference there will be a focus on the theme of
Rio + 20 and after
It is now 20 years since the United Nations Conference on Environment and Development, better known as the Earth Summit was held in Rio de Janeiro. The issues addressed in the conference included:
• A scrutiny of patterns of production – particularly production with hazardous components or waste, such as lead in petrol, or poisonous waste from other products;
• Alternative sources of energy to replace fossil fuels which had already been linked to global climate change;
• A reliance on public transport systems in order to reduce vehicle emissions, congestion in cities and the health problems caused by polluted air and smog;
• The growing scarcity of water as a resource in various parts of the world.
An important achievement of the conference was an agreement on the Climate Change Convention which in turn led to the Kyoto Protocol. Another was agreement to “not carry out any activities on the lands of indigenous peoples that would cause environmental degradation or that would be culturally inappropriate”. Now 20 years later it is time to examine the effects of this conference.
Although the conference will be focused on Rio + 20, papers addressing all other areas of CSR are welcome. Thus papers are welcome on any topic related to this broad theme and suggested topics for papers include:
• Post Rio activity and inactivity
• CSR and environmental activity
• CSR and business ethics
• CSR and a low carbon economy
• CSR and sustainability
• Corporate governance and sustainability
• Evaluating CSR activities
• Developing sustainable strategies
• Accounting for climate change
• Social entrepreneurship
• Dealing with Hubbert’s Peak
• Measuring and managing virtual water content
• Carbon footprint accounting
• Socially responsible business activities
• Globalisation and Corporate Activity
• Regulation of Corporate Social and Environmental Behaviour
• Relationship between CSR and corporate performance
• CSR and value creation
Offers to run workshops, symposia, poster sessions, themed tracks or alternative events are especially welcome. Please contact Alice Costa email@example.com with suggestions.
Although preference will be given to full papers, abstracts of 200-500 words will also be considered. All papers and abstracts should be sent by 1st March 2013 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org No more than 2 papers will be accepted from any author.
We will publish proceedings and full details concerning other publishing opportunities for the papers presented at the conference will be provided during the conference.
This year we will again be running a doctoral colloquium as part of the conference. The aim will be to give detailed feedback to doctoral researchers concerning their papers. Feedback will be specific to each person and their research, and will be given by an experienced academic in the field. The colloquium will be an integral part of the conference and all delegates will be expected to participate fully in the conference but the sessions will give extra time to presenters – to allow for discussion and formal feedback. This colloquium will be organised by Professor Alice Costa and abstracts of 200-500 words should be sent by 1st March 2013 by email to email@example.com In order to allow detailed feedback full papers will be required in advance of the conference – full details will be given to participants upon acceptance.
Following the tradition established at the 6th conference in Kuala Lumpur, a Young Academician award will be made during this colloquium.
Venue of the Conference
The conference will be held in Rio de Janeiro. The conference fee will be announced later and will include accommodation, meals and conference materials. An optional sightseeing tour will be organised at the end of the conference; full details will be available later. We look forward to welcoming you to Rio in 2013 for the 12th conference in the series.
Full and updated details can be found at the conference website: www.socialresponsibility.biz/12csrhome.htm
Professor Alice Costa
Universidade Federal Fluminense, Brazil
Professor Dr. Kiymet Caliyurt,
Network Conferences Chair
Trakya University, Turkey
Professor Dr David Crowther Professor
De Montfort University, UK